Monday, January 09, 2006

Update on Toby

Well........very good, yet strange weekend with Toby. They gave him a shot of Prednisone when I was at the vet on Friday. The next morning, he suddenly seemed a TON better. We really thought it was a fluke, but he just kept getting better as the weekend went on. We have to give him the Prednisone in a pill form once per day. But each day, he ate more (he did not eat for like 2 days before I took him in again on Friday), walked around more (for about a day before the appt on Friday he just laid in my bed and did nothing), and started acting more like himself. It is pretty much like we have our "old" cat back again......

We are trying not to get our hopes up, because we still need the results from the pathologist which could be today or tomrrrow or Wed., but the Prednisone is really more of an effective treatment for the IBS and NOT the cancer. So, maybe he has the curable disease? That would be awesome.

Anyway, just wanted to update everyone who has been sending me their prayers.

On another note, my Mom and sister were in town this weekend. They got to the house on Sat night, and we went to dinner and did a little bit of shopping. Saturday morning, we went to the airport to pick up my sister's boyfriend who was arriving back from Iraq, his name is Jim. Very nice guy. We went to lunch with them, and then she and he left for a hotel near his base in clinton township. My Mom stayed with us, and she and I went shopping. I actually found some things I need---a new comforter set for one of the spare bedrooms, some airbake pans I have been wanting, shoes for Kurt, etc. I read my homework and then my Mom and I watched Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. It was fun to get to watch the shows with her, we always talk about them on the phone together afterwards!

This morning I woke up not feeling very well for some reason. Hopefully, I get better as the day goes on since I have to work AND go to school today. Blah. I wish I could call in once in a while. :(.

No comments: