Monday, June 29, 2009

Inner Circle

So, had an insanely busy day at work. Mondays are always crazy, but I felt like today just kinda flew by in a whirlwind, and I did not even have to go to court since Kurt and Stacey covered all the hearings. So many appointments this afternoon with like NO break between them.

After work, Jessica and I headed to a Lia Sophia jewelry party that an attorney friend of mine was having. I thought it would be a great way for her to meet some of the nice female attorneys in the area, outside of the courtroom. Anyway, there were about 6 attys there, as well as some other friends and family of the atty holding the party. I was glad she got to joke around and meet some people. I think it was a successful outing! Plus, I got some great deals on jewelry which should be delivered soon! :). I bought a new longer necklace (that has kinda been my latest *thing*, longer necklaces with my suits), a really pretty blue necklace, and a ring that is three blue stones and really cute.

Other than that, went home and went to bed, after making a quick dinner of leftovers. Looking forward to some time off for the 4th.

And, on to the secrets....

4 comments:

Lori Anne Haskell said...

I never wear the necklace over the suit coat. Generally, when I am not in front of the Judge, I wear my suit coat open, and sometimes, if court is really warm, I will take it off. In front of the Judge though, ALWAYS suit coat on and buttoned. It's just kinda a rule.......

Nancy said...

what happens if you unbutton your jacket in front of a judge?

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Nancy-hahaha, nothing "happens", but I just try to be really professional in front of the Judges and suit coats unbuttoned is kinda more casual.

Heather said...

The jewelry sounds so cute, especially the ring. Pics? :)