Tuesday, June 08, 2010

My Sister's Keeper

OK, I know, I know. The book is supposedly better than the movie. But, I did not read the book and just got done watching the movie. Umm, pretty much cried throughout the entire thing. Hated Cameron Diaz, OMG, wanted to smack her (until the end). And Breslin, who played Anna? Amazing job. What a fabulous, but really sad :( movie.

Kurt is refusing to take his Allegra because it makes him "tired", even though it has nothing in it to cause someone to be tired. Anyone have suggestions of something for him to take? He has tried Allegra, Claritin, Zyrtec......Also, anyone have a suggestion for a vitamin I can take to help energy and alertness? I take a one a day, a vitamin C and a calcium right now.

My week of craziness at court is two days down, and it has not been too bad. Well, except for the extra hearing that popped up today in the middle of our court hearings. Kurt took care of it, but not what we need really, to have stuff just pop up. Especially when it's a complex kids taken away from Mom kinda case. Filed 7 bankruptcies at the end of the day. It's crazy how much I can do in one day. We may get hired for another complex one for Friday to add to the 10000 hearings of the week. Dad is in jail, Mom wants to move to another state. Judge hates parties moving. We would represent Dad, who gets out of jail later this year, but will be able to appear at the hearing by phone, and whom I have never talked to or met. His Mom would be hiring us. The drama.....

Saw Kwame Kilpatrick is being assigned to the prison in Manistee, my hometown, and a warrant has been issued for Lindsay Lohan's arrest. For some reason, both of those things really amuse me......

I have so many little things I need to do, and like no time during the day to do them, AARGH. Need to call and order both myself and Kurt contacts (which requires me finding a price online since Sears does price matching and I save a fortune), need to go and pick out new glasses, need to take my computer in, need to find a place to take drycleaning that is open on the weekends.......Someone, please send me more hours in the day! :).

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I've been taking B Complex for energy, and it is really helping!

Erin said...

B1 will increase energy and help fight fatigue.

Ginkgo Biloba can help increase mental function.

Mindy said...

Poor Kurt. I understand. However, for me, I really can't decide whether the severe fatigue is from the medication or from the allergies themselves. I take Zyrtec before bed, and am exhausted all day, every day. If I don't take it - I'm miserable AND exhausted. Lovely.

A pill for energy? How about 7 to 8 hours of sleep? I know, I know, but seriously, it is the best thing I've ever found.

Hugs to you!

Rachael said...

I take Claritin, and the only other I have tried is Zyrtec, which doesn't seem to help. Has Kurt ever tried supplementing with herbal remedies like Nettle? It seems to help me a bit.

As for energy and alertness-- Ginseng and Ginko are the two most common. Bee pollen is also has energy benefits and is supposed to help with stress/anxiety as well.