Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Happy Birthday, baby Midas!

Midas is one!

I can't believe how time has flown this past year.  My baby is one!  Luckily for me, he still acts like my baby.  :)

I lost my boy Vito a year ago, which was devastating for me.  Even though he was sick and I knew it was going to happen, it did not make it any easier since Vito was my favorite.  He was such a loving, happy go lucky doggy.

However, I can now see a LOT of Vito in Midas, and I think in a way, Vito is still with us, through Midas.  Midas is so friendly, happy go lucky, and always nice to all humans and other animals.  He is also obsessed with Gretel, just like Vito was.  He is such a sweet dog, never getting angry and always giving lots of kisses and love.  The other day, Gretel tried to push him in the pool and he did not get mad at all.  Oscar and Gretel are always trying to steal his snacks, and he just lets them take his food.  he also will let the other pugs eat before him, and be the third to eat at the pug food dish.  He patiently waits.

Some unique things about Midas.  He LOVES to play fetch. I have never had a pug who fetched.  He can play for hours.  Sometimes he has issues giving me the toy to throw, but he always brings it back!  :).  Midas does what we call "fake bark".  He will want someone's attention, but instead of barking he opens his mouth, acts like he is barking, and nothing comes out.  He will also do fake bark on command.  I know he can actually bark as we have heard it, but he mostly choose to fake bark.  Midas is not big on human food, and does not really beg Kurt for snacks like the others do.  However, if you have anything that is sugary (i.e. candy, cereal, muffins), he will literally freak out and hound you.  Only sugar though.  Anything else is not that exciting to him.  Midas loves Costa Rica and the nice weather.  He spends a lot of time outside, even by himself, just sitting on the porch or running around the yard.  The other pugs like to be inside with us or near us on the porch.  Midas wants everyone outside all the time watching him.

Tomorrow, we are going to either make or buy Midas his own birthday snack.  I will try and take a picture, but I have a feeling the snack will be gone very quickly.......

Happy Birthday, Midas Ezekiel Haskell!  We love you to the moon and back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


I just wanted to stop by the Haskell family web site to see what's going on in your interesting lives. I have been following your saga since you went public about that sketchy incident..... I probably initially learned of it from A.J.on PP. Being from the D-met area (born in Woman's Hosp.) and very skeptical Nof our gubbermnt, especially so since the big show aka 9 eleven..... Your revelations were intensely interesting to me... I believe you both are great American unsung hero patriots... I believe: ‎
"In times of universal deceit - telling truth is a revolutionary act." as Orwell observed... On a lighter note...you are just up the road from Quepos and Migel Antonio where I delivered from Miami, a Northern Equipment gasoline powered post hole digger to my longtime friend Tony Reid..
Thank you Kurt and Lori For your bravery and truth.. Best of luck in your new C.R. adventure... from Tom on Martha's Vineyard....